Who We Are
We are devoted to providing expectant families a treasured experience in a comfortable environment. We give new mothers and their families the ability to bond with their babies and celebrate milestones with photography.
Over the Womb 4D Ultrasound and Photography is a military family owned and operated business located in Hendersonville, Tennessee. We offer gender determination at 15 weeks, 3D, and 4D ultrasound packages. As well as maternity and newborn photography in our specialized studio, we are proud to be the only establishment in Tennessee that offers both of these services at one location.
We strive to provide a unique experience for expecting moms and dads in an environment unlike any other ultrasound facility or medical office. We invite you and your family to experience the miracle of life by seeing your baby in life-like 4D for the first time. Book an appointment today and we guarantee this will be an experience you will never forget!
Over the Womb’s in-house Photography Studio offers portrait photography that specializes in Maternity, Newborn, Baby’s first year, and 1st Birthday Cake Smashes. Our style is relevant, natural, and inspired. Your Photography package will come with a free consultation where you can meet with our photographer and design the shoot.
We Believe In...
Excellent Customer Service
We know your baby is important to you, and you are both important to us! We want this to be a great experience at Over the Womb, so if we can do anything to make your session more memorable, please let us know.
Knowledgeable and Experienced Staff
Over the Womb photographers have training and experience working with babies, and our ultrasound technicians are nationally registered (RDMS) from accredited medical ultrasound schools.
At Over the Womb our #1 goal is to provide all our clients with the best possible pictures of their baby. However due to many factors, it’s not always possible to obtain those perfect pictures on your first visit. All of our ultrasound and photography packages come with our Come Back Free Guarantee. If baby doesn’t cooperate, you can come back for another session free of charge.
We know this is a special experience for everyone, so we have developed packages to fit every family’s needs. We also provide a service members discount to military, police, fire, and their families. As part of our commitment to providing complete satisfaction to our clients we will price match any local 4D packages.
About Our Studio
We love working with women and their families and we feel very grateful that we are given the privilege to capture your heart in such an intimate form of expression. We work by appointment only since our focus is on reserving time exclusively for one client at a time. You can book your photography consultation or 4D ultrasound package any time online, by phone, or by visiting our studio. We encourage you to stop by our studios for a tour.
Relax and enjoy the experience of your 3D/4D ultrasound in Over the Womb’s luxurious state-of the-art-facilities. We feature an HD cinema quality movie theater projector in our ultrasound room to ensure you won’t miss a minute of the session! The ultrasound theater has plenty of comfortable seating for family and friends to share the experience. The expectant mother will rest comfortably on a massage table with 5” of padding. We even have a special area for kids to keep them entertained while the ultrasound is done.
From a smile to a yawn, to the beating of your baby’s heart, expecting parents can see and bond with their unborn child in a live-motion 4D sonogram. The incredible experience of seeing your baby’s face for the first time will truly touch your heart. Over the Womb is the first studio to offer the latest in 4D technology, and we are proud to introduce Feto Realistic View™ imaging. Our Realistic View is a natural-skin tone illumination 3D/4D ultrasound technology that provides incredible life-like 3D images.
We pride ourselves on providing an upscale photographic experience. Our studio is designed to provide babies and their families the most comfortable ambiance during their photography sessions. We value new life and our belief is that, in our studio, the charm and character of your memories can be captured with the calmest gentlest approach, alleviating any unnecessary stress on your pregnancy or newborn.
Over the Womb specializes in studio photography for maternity and babies from newborn to one year of age. Your session includes the photographer’s time, complete image editing, and a flash drive with the full resolution images and printing rights. We offer a complimentary consultation before you book so we can go over everything about your custom session experience, what to bring, and what to expect. Designing your session with the photographer is the best way to convey your expectations and create amazing images you will always treasure.
FRANCHISE AND LICENSING OPPORTUNITIES WITH
OVER THE WOMB
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BRING OVER THE WOMB TO YOUR HOME TOWN? FILL OUT A CONTACT FORM HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OVER THE WOMB 4D ULTRASOUND AND PHOTOGRAPHY FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITIES.
What is an elective prenatal ultrasound?
- Instead of diagnostic information, we offer elective 2D, 3D and 4D prenatal ultrasound with the direct intent of offering expectant parents and their families the opportunity to see and bond with baby. We feel that seeing the realistic images of your baby and watching their movements, while still in the womb, helps establish a strong bond between parents, extended family, and friends with the unborn baby.
Please note we do not make any claims that the 3D /4D ultrasound used in our facility should be used to better assess the baby for abnormalities. You should have already seen your doctor and had your routine ultrasound and examinations which are used to assess the gestational age of the fetus and to evaluate for any abnormalities as well as the basic fetal anatomy.
Does this take the place of an ultrasound at my doctor's office?
- No. Women seeking an elective prenatal ultrasound with our studio MUST be receiving treatment with a healthcare provider for prenatal care and have already undergone a medical, diagnostic ultrasound ordered by their provider to confirm their due date, screen for fetal anomalies, and to look for any other pregnancy related issues. Please note, at no time is your ultrasound session at our facility to be used in place of a complete diagnostic ultrasound.
Do I need a doctor’s order to have my ultrasound done here?
- No. As an elective procedure you not required to have an order from your doctor. However we do require you to be under a doctor’s care and will ask you to provide your doctors information before your session. This is so that if the registered sonographer sees anything concerning during your scan, we will be able to relay that information directly to your doctor.
We encourage you to talk with your doctor about your visit and reassure them that your ultrasound will be performed by a registered technician, at a facility that fallows the strict FDA ultrasound procedure guidelines.
What is the difference between 2D, 3D and 4D?
- 2D – The standard black and white imaging, and what you see at the doctor’s office. We use it mostly for accurate gender determination.
3D – A 3rd or additional layer that shows the surface of your baby. We use it to see details such as facial features. The 3D images are still pictures captured during your ultrasound.
4D- This feature creates a live feed of the baby’s 3D image. The 4th Dimension or (4D) is time, added to the 3D image of your baby, so in 4D we are able to watch the baby’s movement in real time. This is what is recorded onto the DVD or video.
Is the 4D ultrasound covered by Insurance or Flex spending?
- No. Because all of our ultrasounds are elective, they are not covered by insurance and will not be reimbursed with a flex spend account.
What if I would like to purchase a session for someone else?
- We offer gift cards that can be purchased in any dollar amount. The gift cards can be used on ultrasound sessions, photography sessions, or products in the studio. You can buy a gift card through our website, over the phone, or by visiting the studio.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept any credit cards, Debit cards, gift cards, and Cash. We do not accept personal checks.
Is there an increased risk to me or my baby with a 3D/4D ultrasound?
- No. Ultrasound has been studied and performed for over 30 years. An ultrasound has never been shown to cause ANY harm to mother or baby. 3D/4D sonograms uses the EXACT same type an intensity of ultrasonic waves that is used with traditional 2D ultrasound.
Do I need a full bladder for my appointment??
- No. You do not need to have a full bladder for this type of ultrasound or to obtain good pictures.
What if my baby does not cooperate for the Ultrasound?
- It’s okay! We offer a Come Back Free Guarantee- if baby doesn’t cooperate and we are unable to see the face or gender, you can come back for a free rescan. Sometimes babies hide their face or cross their legs. If that happens, don’t worry! You can come back and get your package redone.
Is there anything I can do to help get good images?
- Please remember that drinking your physician’s daily consumption of water (typically half your body weight in ounces per day – e.g. a 150lb mother would drink 75oz of water per day) for about a week prior to your session is the best thing you can do, and about the only thing you can do. Also, you can consume a food or drink that you know will make your baby active. Typically juice works great, but you know your baby better than anyone. If you know of a food, drink or activity that gets your baby moving, feel free to do so before your travels to our facility.
What if I do NOT want to know the sex of my baby?
- No problem! We can keep it a secret. A popular request we get is for gender to be written down for those families doing a gender reveal. Please let us know before your exam and we are happy to accommodate your requests.
Can I bring family and friends?
- Yes. We encourage you to invite those closest to you to share in this amazing experience. We never limit the number of guests you can bring and the kids are welcome as well.
I am having twins (or triplets). When should I come in for my 4D ultrasound?
- We can obtain great pictures with multiples up until 26 weeks. Please book your appointment accordingly. Also, note that because we want plenty of time to try to get images on both babies, your ultrasound session will be twice as long. We do not charge extra for multiples however we ask that you please call to book your appointment so we can make sure your appointment is scheduled for the appropriate amount of time.
Where are you located?
- We serve all of middle Tennessee. We are located just north of Nashville off Vietnam Veterans Blvd Hwy 386 exit 7.
What Type of Machine do you use?
- Our facility uses the next generation in 3D/4D machines on the market – the Accuvix X30. It offers the latest technology available on the market today! For those who do not know, Samsung invented 3D/4D technology and other companies purchase the technology because it is the industry’s best. Although our new systems have the latest version of this 3D/4D technology, companies like GE still use older dated versions of this technology in their GE 730 systems. When you want the best images you can get, it is all in the technology and technician’s performing your session. At Over the Womb, your session will always be performed by a real Ultrasound Sonographer. Invest wisely and get the latest, most brilliant images possible with the newest ultrasound system available at Over the Womb Studios.
Does your facility use certified ultrasound techs or registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Sonographers?
- Every session at Over the Womb Studios is performed by a registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer. These registered sonographers have graduated from an allied health accredited school, passed a board registry, and have hundreds of hours of scanning experience and training.
**Please be aware that the term “certified ultrasound technologist/technician” is being abused by some organizations who train anyone off the street through their non-medical short course “Certification Program” and then use the term “certified ultrasound technologist” to describe their staff’s credentials. Our staff are registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, with prenatal experience, and are hired directly from the medical industry to assure the highest quality of care.
What is the best time for Maternity photography?
- 34-37 weeks. You want your belly to be round and full for the best results.
What should I wear for my maternity session?
- We suggest solid colors and minimal patterns to make sure the focus is on your baby bump. When you attend your pre-session consultation, the photographer can go over specifics.
What is the best age for newborn photography?
- 5-14 days. Babies 2 weeks or younger are less likely to be disturbed while sleeping.
Why can’t I book a photography package online?
- You may only book a photography consultation online because every person has a unique style and we want every photography package to reflect you. During your consultation we will be able to book you an appointment customized to your needs and for the appropriate time frame.
What happens at my pre-session consultation?
- Your consultation is your chance to convey your expectations to the photographer. We want to make sure your vision comes true, and it is your time to describe exactly what you are looking for. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible before your session so the photographer will talk to you about what to expect and anything you need to bring. At the time of your consultation you will put down a small deposit and have priority in scheduling your session.
What should my baby wear?
- Newborns photograph best without any clothes or just a simple diaper cover. We love to photograph newborns swaddled in blankets with lots of texture and snuggled up tight in buckets and baskets. If you have a special blanket or two, bring them! We also recommend that you bring diaper covers for baby (if you have some, we have a supply if you don’t) and plenty of diapers and wipes. We have an extensive supply of newborn hats, bows and headbands that coordinate beautifully with our blankets and props that we will use to personalize your images. You are welcome to bring any hats or props that you would like to have the baby photographed in. We encourage our clients to bring special, personal items which make the session and images especially meaningful. When you attend your free consultation the photographer will go over any additional details.
How should I prepare for my newborn session?
- We recommend that you bring baby to the session well rested and plan to feed baby as soon as you arrive. Sleepy babies photograph perfectly, so we ask you to undress and swaddle baby before the feeding so as to not disturb them by undressing them after the feeding. We take several breaks for feeding baby during the session to ensure that baby is happy and has a full tummy. We ask that you not be too concerned with scheduled feedings during the session and that you feed baby on demand or when they get a bit fussy to ensure their comfort and a smooth session.
Can I be photographed with my baby?
- Most certainly! We wouldn’t have it any other way. We love to capture the emotion of those special first days with your new little one and believe that there is no greater image than a new mommy or daddy cuddling with and admiring their newborn child. Skin on skin images are a unique way to capture the purity of these relationships, but we also ask parents to bring a long sleeved black shirt so that they may serve as a backdrop for baby for some of the images.